May 16, 2011

[NEWS] Heo Young Saeng escaped from the ballad concept

SS501's Heo Young Saeng (25), goes 'solo'

On May 12th the first solo mini album song 'Let it Go' was released. SS501's main vocalist Heo Young Saeng, even when he was still on his team, he already shown his unique high vocal ability and now on his way of being a solo singer. Now that he start his solo activities, he still have some other plans in mind.


SS501 debut in 2005 and this is your first solo album after 6 years, do you feel a lot of pressure?

I'm looking forward to it, but I also feel the pressure. During the group activities, other members can fill the lack in me. They also do it during MV or TV appearance recording. I also feel empty now that I'm doing it alone. But it is also a good thing that the 100% focus is now on me.


During SS501 days, do you have a dream of being solo?

Of course, but the group is on a  tight schedule. The company got plans to release solo album but it didn't happen


What do you want to be perceived in this solo activities?

If you mention the name Heo Young Saeng, the first thing that will come in to their mind is ballad. Most of SS501's songs are dance music. But since I am the main vocalist, most people perceived me as a ballad singer. I seek advice from my friends; I asked "what should I sing" they will reply me with "do ballad". "How about dancing?" "you'll do better in singing" he said. I think that those people doesn't understand me well. I also like dance music. Ballad songs will make me feel bored while dancing can be enjoyed with the audience.


'Let it Go' is not a typical dance song.

Sweetune who composed KARA's hit songs produced this medium-tempo dance track. HyunA of 4minute made a featuring for this song. It's about a girl who desire for love but the guy is like "you can leave if you want to." 'Cool city guy' is the concept for it. hahaha


Among SS501 members, you were the 3rd to have solo promotion. Park Jung Min and Kim Hyung Jun already started their activities. What do you feel about it?

I'm happy that I'm doing solo songs but it feels a little lonely. But we always say to each other that we need to work harder. Even if I feel lonely, I'm expecting to establish my own image.


Would SS501 will unite again?

We were planning to release a digital single but since we were in different agency now and currently doing our solo activities, we can't find time to discuss it. The members said, "Let's establish our solo careers for now and then we will regroup again." We don't have concrete plans for now but it is for sure that all members wants to be together again.


Kim Hyun Joong, Park Jung Min and Kim Hyung Jun are now in different agencies, while Heo Young Saeng and Kim Kyu Jong are in the same company. But compared to other members, they doesn't look like lonely.

Well, we feel less lonely compared to other members. It's a good thing that Kyu Jong and I have some colleagues here in our new agency that also work with us comfortably from the previous company. The current CEO and Lee Hyori noona also came from DSP Entertainment, so we feel good about it


Beside singing, do you have any interest in other fields like acting?

A lot. I've been thinking of acting for along time. But since I debuted as a singer, my singing career will be my priority. If an opportunity will be given, I would like to challenge my acting skills in drama.


[REPOST WITH FULL CREDITS]
Source: Sports Seoul
Translation: @nejeelicious(youngsaengfacts.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment